Music Theory/Composition Lessons
Music Theory/Composition Lessons with Downingtown Music Academy
Music theory and composition students are taught how to read music, about musical structure and how to apply these skills to songwriting. They are invited to listen to various composers to learn about past and emerging trends in music composition and find inspiration of their own.
- Students will be invited to improvise on the piano and record their improvisations
- They will be taught how to sight-sing in order to learn how to notate any melodies in their head
- They will learn how music has changed and been influenced throughout history
- They will learn how to read lead sheets and use stylistic invariants in their playing
- They will be provided with honest feedback and constructive help on their compositions
- They will learn how the human brain processes music and how best to capitalize upon this process for the greatest audience appeal.
- 30 min: 180 a month
- 60 min: 320 a month
- 30 min: 100 a month
- 60 min: 160 a month
We have designated makeup Days at the end of each month on the 29-31.
PAY AS YOU GO RATES
Students who are unable to pay monthly or schedule a recurring weekly time slot may participate in pay as you go. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule lessons with the teacher on a weekly basis. This form of scheduling does not guarantee a weekly lesson slot.
- 30 minutes: 50 dollars per lesson
- 60 minutes: 90 dollars per lesson
Taking Lessons in the Summer: 5 Reasons why it’s important to keep up your music skills after school lets out
Summer hits and schedules get crazy. It can be tempting to take a break from music lessons for the summer, after all-school’s out, right? While it may seem like this makes sense, let’s talk about the benefits of sticking with lessons throughout the summer and how...
Learn what you need to know to excel in broadway musical dance auditions. Date And Time Sun, May 16, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT Do you want to better understand what dance moves you will need for community theater and school musical auditions? Join Doraymi and Diane...
Do you want to learn how to modify your vowels for singing? Today I’m going to be teaching you four tips on how to modify your vowels to successfully sing higher and lower notes, for pop and classical singing, and to fix different problems with your singing voice....
Do you want to learn what it takes to perform and get feedback from people who have done it? Join us for our first monthly zoom masters class on April 18 at 12pm. Our guest speakers will be Cherisse and Cherissia Williams-who have performed with opera houses around...
Many students struggle with the application of their skills after doing warmups or learning notes. Here are some ways you can apply your new skills to learn that killer vocal or piano repertoire: Flash cards: choose notes from the song to make flash cards with. This...
Monday – Thursday: Extended Lesson Times