Online Woodwind Lessons with Downingtown Music Academy
Students 9 and up are welcome to take woodwind lessons. My studio is open to children, teens and adults of all ages! I can teach Eb Clarinet, Bb clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone or flute. Beginners will learn how to read music fluently, develop correct technique, proper tone, and instrument care during the lessons, while intermediate and advanced students will expand their technical skills through the study of repertoire, learning everything from classical to popular music. Techniques to better understand how music is structured are emphasized so students can read a piece more quickly and with detail.
- Students are welcome to record lessons for their review and to remember assignments.
- Method books are the foundation for study. Beginners will utilize band method books then progress to instrument specific methods, etude books and solo repertoire.
- I strongly support school music programs. Students will be asked each week if they need assistance in their ensemble classes, assignments, and audition preparation.
- As students progress, I recommend opportunities for students to perform – Solo & Ensemble competitions, honor bands, college instrument days, youth bands & orchestras, music camps and seminars. These outside opportunities help to enrich the students’ band and/or orchestra experience!
- Scales and articulation studies are emphasized, with particular attention paid when in preparation for a competition or audition.
- Strong emphasis is placed on music theory skills and sight-reading which help students become more fluent, independent musicians. Music is like learning to read a foreign language at first! Practice makes perfect.
- Jazz studies and concepts are an option for study. I am a performing jazz musician and can assist with ensemble preparation, repertoire, and techniques.
- Students are taught about the lives and writing styles of various composers alongside the music they learn and invited to watch video performances of their compositions.
- I encourage all students to participate in chamber ensembles. I incorporate duets and other small ensemble pieces in my lessons. Even online, I program duets and encourage students to develop their chamber music skills.
- Lastly, I like to have fun! While there is a lot to learn, I enjoy working on music that the student is interested in learning. I am a big supporter of marching band and am delighted to help students learn and prepare music for their bands. If there is a special interest in a particular genre of music, I am open to assist in finding music and exploring the repertoire
WOODWIND LESSON MONTHLY RATES
- 30 min: 180 a month
- 60 min: 320 a month
- 30 min: 100 a month
- 60 min: 160 a month
We have designated makeup Days at the end of each month on the 29-31.
PAY AS YOU GO RATES
Students who are unable to pay monthly or schedule a recurring weekly time slot may participate in pay as you go. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule lessons with the teacher on a weekly basis. This form of scheduling does not guarantee a weekly lesson slot.
- 30 minutes: 50 dollars per lesson
- 60 minutes: 90 dollars per lesson
Taking Lessons in the Summer: 5 Reasons why it’s important to keep up your music skills after school lets out
Summer hits and schedules get crazy. It can be tempting to take a break from music lessons for the summer, after all-school’s out, right? While it may seem like this makes sense, let’s talk about the benefits of sticking with lessons throughout the summer and how...
Learn what you need to know to excel in broadway musical dance auditions. Date And Time Sun, May 16, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT Do you want to better understand what dance moves you will need for community theater and school musical auditions? Join Doraymi and Diane...
Do you want to learn how to modify your vowels for singing? Today I’m going to be teaching you four tips on how to modify your vowels to successfully sing higher and lower notes, for pop and classical singing, and to fix different problems with your singing voice....
Do you want to learn what it takes to perform and get feedback from people who have done it? Join us for our first monthly zoom masters class on April 18 at 12pm. Our guest speakers will be Cherisse and Cherissia Williams-who have performed with opera houses around...
Many students struggle with the application of their skills after doing warmups or learning notes. Here are some ways you can apply your new skills to learn that killer vocal or piano repertoire: Flash cards: choose notes from the song to make flash cards with. This...
Monday – Thursday: Extended Lesson Times