Piano Lessons with Downingtown Music Academy
Online or In-Person
Students Four and up are welcome to take piano lessons. Beginners learn how to read music fluently and develop correct techniques during piano lessons, while intermediate and advanced students expand their technical skills and repertoire, learning everything from classical to popular music and begin to better understand how music is structured so they can read a piece increasingly more quickly.
- All lessons are recorded and sent to students within 24 hours so students and parents can see how they are improving each week and remember assignments
- Young children are encouraged to engage in creative exploration on the piano using teacher structured improvisation, music theory games, and very simple songwriting exercises
- Each week beginning students are invited to select songs from given choices relating to the topic they learned in class. This allows a sense of independence and control for students who are not advanced enough to work outside of a lesson book.
- More advanced students are invited to choose their own repertoire for lessons in addition to provided music theory and technical books
- Strong emphasis is placed on music theory skills and sightreading which help students become more fluent, independent piano players. Music is like learning to read a foreign language at first! Practice makes perfect.
- Students are taught about the lives and writing styles of various composers alongside the music they learn and invited to watch video performances of their compositions.
Child Online Piano Lesson
Adult Online Adult Piano Lesson
PIANO LESSON MONTHLY RATES
- 30 min: 180 a month
- 60 min: 320 a month
- 30 min: 100 a month
- 60 min: 160 a month
We have designated makeup Days at the end of each month on the 29-31.
PAY AS YOU GO RATES
- 30 minutes: 50 dollars per lesson
- 60 minutes: 90 dollars per lesson
Taking Lessons in the Summer: 5 Reasons why it’s important to keep up your music skills after school lets out
Summer hits and schedules get crazy. It can be tempting to take a break from music lessons for the summer, after all-school’s out, right? While it may seem like this makes sense, let’s talk about the benefits of sticking with lessons throughout the summer and how...
Learn what you need to know to excel in broadway musical dance auditions. Date And Time Sun, May 16, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT Do you want to better understand what dance moves you will need for community theater and school musical auditions? Join Doraymi and Diane...
Do you want to learn how to modify your vowels for singing? Today I’m going to be teaching you four tips on how to modify your vowels to successfully sing higher and lower notes, for pop and classical singing, and to fix different problems with your singing voice....
Do you want to learn what it takes to perform and get feedback from people who have done it? Join us for our first monthly zoom masters class on April 18 at 12pm. Our guest speakers will be Cherisse and Cherissia Williams-who have performed with opera houses around...
Many students struggle with the application of their skills after doing warmups or learning notes. Here are some ways you can apply your new skills to learn that killer vocal or piano repertoire: Flash cards: choose notes from the song to make flash cards with. This...
Monday – Thursday: Extended Lesson Times