Piano Lessons with Downingtown Music Academy
Online or In-Person
Students Four and up are welcome to take piano lessons. Beginners learn how to read music fluently and develop correct techniques during piano lessons, while intermediate and advanced students expand their technical skills and repertoire, learning everything from classical to popular music and begin to better understand how music is structured so they can read a piece increasingly more quickly.
- All lessons are recorded and sent to students within 24 hours so students and parents can see how they are improving each week and remember assignments
- Young children are encouraged to engage in creative exploration on the piano using teacher structured improvisation, music theory games, and very simple songwriting exercises
- Each week beginning students are invited to select songs from given choices relating to the topic they learned in class. This allows a sense of independence and control for students who are not advanced enough to work outside of a lesson book.
- More advanced students are invited to choose their own repertoire for lessons in addition to provided music theory and technical books
- Strong emphasis is placed on music theory skills and sightreading which help students become more fluent, independent piano players. Music is like learning to read a foreign language at first! Practice makes perfect.
- Students are taught about the lives and writing styles of various composers alongside the music they learn and invited to watch video performances of their compositions.
Child Online Piano Lesson
Adult Online Adult Piano Lesson
PIANO LESSON MONTHLY RATES
- 30 min: 180 a month
- 60 min: 320 a month
- 30 min: 100 a month
- 60 min: 160 a month
We have designated makeup Days at the end of each month on the 29-31.
PAY AS YOU GO RATES
- 30 minutes: 50 dollars per lesson
- 60 minutes: 90 dollars per lesson
Perhaps you've been wanting to take lessons but wondering "Should I learn the ukulele?" Let's go over some of the pros and cons of taking lessons on this charming little instrument so that you can make the best decision for your wallet, your schedule and your...
Singing lessons are a powerful way to refine and enhance your vocal abilities, whether you're an aspiring singer, a public speaker, or simply someone who wants to communicate more effectively. In this blog post, we will delve into the world of voice lessons, exploring...
Perhaps you've been wondering "Should I learn the guitar?" Let's go over some of the pros and cons of taking guitar lessons so that you see if it's the instrument for you! Pros: Very portable doesn't take up much space easy for self accompaniment you can also use...
Is there a magic amount of time to work with your instrument at home? In this blog, I explore the question "how long should I practice?" The answer might surprise you. How long should you set the timer for when you start practicing at home? The answer is usually-it...
Perhaps you've been wanting to take lessons but wondering "Should I learn the piano?" Let's go over some of the pros and cons of taking piano lessons so that you can make the best decision for your wallet, your schedule and your personality: Pros: easy to play for...
Monday – Thursday: Extended Lesson Times